Just about everyone has heard about the egg recall. Over a half a million eggs and 23 states affected.
But did you know that in the last two weeks alone, there have been nearly 30 food recalls and in the month of August there have been moe than 50?
Here is a partial list from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration:
- August 27, 2010 – Queseria Chipilo Recalls Cheese Products Because of Possible Health Risk12
- August 27, 2010 – Sparboe Farms Initiated Voluntary Recall Fresh Shell Eggs13
- August 26, 2010 – Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. Clarifies Previous Statement on Nationwide Shell Egg Recall14
- August 25, 2010 – Cardenas Market Brand Label Included in Wright County Egg Recall15
- August 25, 2010 – Trafficanda Egg Ranch Initiates Voluntary Recall of Medium, Large, X Large, & Jumbo AA Cartons; 5 Dozen Medium Over Wrap & 20 Count Over Wrap, Fresh Shell Eggs Because of Possible Health Risk16
- August 24, 2010 – Natural Wellness, Inc. Issues a Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Masxtreme Capsules, Marketed as a Dietary Supplement – 08/24/1017
- August 24, 2010 – Azteca Linda Corp. Recalls Queso Fresco and Queso Hebra because of Possible Health Risk18
- August 23, 2010 – Moark, Lof Iowa Because of Possible Health Risk19LC, of Fontana, California, Recalls Shell Eggs Supplied From Hillandale Farms
- August 20, 2010 – NuCal Foods Conducts Recall of Shell Eggs Supplied from Hillandale Farms of Iowa Because of Possible Health Risk20
- August 20, 2010 – Milton’s Baking Voluntarily Recalls 24 oz. Multi-Grain Bread in Three States For Undeclared Milk in Some Loaves21
- August 20, 2010 – Hillandale Farms of Iowa Conducts Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Shell Eggs Because of Possible Health Risk22
- August 20, 2010 – Lubersk i Inc., Initiates Voluntary Recall of Large Fresh Shell Eggs Because of Possible Health Risk23
- August 20, 2010 – GloryBee Foods Recalls Whole Raw Pistachio and Whole Raw Pistachio Kernels Because of Possible Health Risk24
- August 20, 2010 – Integra Issues URGENT Worldwide Recall of NeuroBalloonTM Catheter25
- August 19, 2010 – COUNTRY Eggs, Inc. Initiates Voluntary Recall of Large AA Loose 15 dozen Fresh Shell Eggs Because of Possible Health Risk26
- August 19, 2010 – Austinuts Wholesale, Inc. Announces Voluntary Recall of Pistachio Kernel Products27
- August 19, 2010 – Salmonella in Alfalfa Sprouts28
- August 18, 2010 – Wright County Egg Expands Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Shell Eggs Because of Possible Health Risk29
- August 18, 2010 – Moonstruck Chocolate Co. Issues Nationwide Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanut-Butter Filling in Their 4 Piece Cream Cone Chocolate Truffle Collection and 12 Piece Chocolate Malted (or Malt) Cream Cone Chocolate Truffles
Just a few days ago, nearly 380,000 pounds of deli meat products made by Zemco Industries in Buffalo, New York forced Wal-Mart to pull the meat from its shelves. The culprit bacteria? Listeria
And frozen fruit bars known as Mamey Frozen Fruit Pops were recalled because of a typhoid fever outbreak in parts of California and Nevada.
In June, Kellogg Co. voluntarily recalled about 28 million boxes of Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, Froot Loops and Honey Smacks cereals, saying a “waxy” smell and flavor coming from the package liners could make people sick.
This list should make everybody SICK and DISGUSTED!