If you’re an author or own a business, you’d certainly love the opportunity to get a chance to promote what you do in front of the media. But all too often some people miss out on their time to shine because they don’t know how to get their message across in their media release.
Here are some things that will keep you from getting your :30 seconds of fame:
- The release looks like an advertisement.
- The release doesn’t present anything that is “newsworthy.”
- The release lacks an interesting angle.
- The release isn’t compelling enough.
- The release uses “hype” and exaggerations.
- The release is not written well, or contains glaring errors in spelling and grammar.
- The release is too long.
- There’s no contact infromation.
You can get more insider tips as well as a comprehensive media list when you order a copy of the BAMedia Contacts Directory. Order here: BAMedia Directory .