Although my career in radio started at a traditional station (WCIR Beckley, W. VA), I have discovered that internet radio has tremendous advantages over what I had been accustomed to. With internet radio, you are literally your own boss, calling your own shots with your exclusive content.
Here are my five reasons to host your own internet radio show:
1) Listeners not only learn what you do but also who you are.
2) Listeners associate radio personalities with expertise.
3) You can build your reputation and your business.
4) You can use your internet radio shows as sales tools and communicate with potential business associates worldwide.
5) People listen to internet and traditional radio more than any other medium so your audience potential is huge with the right marketing.
To learn more about how to use internet radio to market yourself and grow your business, be sure to check out my free seminar at The Center for Excellence in Raleigh, NC on Thursday, February 24 at 6:30pm.
Not bad at all, Miss Bev. Of course, me being me, I’m thinking that either you or I is going to have to follow up with the 5 reasons NOT to host one’s own radio show as well. lol
I think you would make a great radio host. You’re very conversational, with a sense of humor and more importantly, you’re knowledgeable!